Do you notice anything different about the Young Women's theme?
We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will “stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places” as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:
Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability,Good Works, Integrity, and virtue (new). We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Young Women
You have probably heard, but if you haven't I thought I would share the newest addition to the Young Women's theme. The church added a new value. The value is virtue. I definitely feel that it was inspired. Our Young Women need to learn this principle especially with the trials and temptations they are faced with everyday. We don't know what color it will be, but they will have to complete projects for this value.
Last night, I asked to be released from my Young Women calling. I feel sad, but I felt good about my decision. I have been pondering and praying about this decision for several weeks. My health has been crazy for the past couple of weeks and I have felt like it was such a burden for my counselor to carry the load when I didn't feel well. I will miss the girls. I have worked with the Young Women program for two years. This was my second opportunity to be involved with the Young Women program. It's a wonderful program.
Posted by Jerry Twitchell Family at 6:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow, I still can't remember the "strengthen home and family" part they added earlier. But then, I'm not in Young Women's to practice it. We do recite it in Relief Society with the girls every Fast Sunday. You are right--it is a new value that is extremely important in this day and age.
Post a Comment