This year, Landon and Lacey were able to spent Christmas with our family. I cooked turkey dinner for Christmas Eve. I invited my mom to join us. After dinner, we drove around and looked at the Christmas lights. It seems like there is less lights to look at every year.
Christmas morning, we got up about 8 a.m to open our presents. My kids and spouses bought me a digital photo frame. That was exciting, because I wouldn't have bought one for myself. Also, I got several books on Joseph Smith. Volume 1, The Joseph Smith Papers, was on backorder. They called on December 24, and said they were in. I'm excited to read that book.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Holiday Update!
Jerry got insulated coveralls and a knife from the kids. I bought him bib overalls, so he could feel old. Actually, he owned a pair before, but they were too small. He believes that they shrunk in the wash. I doubt that!
Lacey got a picture frame that I had made with Jayleigh's name. Logan got Lacey a Scentsy warmer. We were really hoping that Lacey wouldn't buy one before Christmas. She kept hinting at Landon, but he told her she couldn't buy one. So we lucked out.
I gave Landon some money to buy him a trail cam for Christmas. I also put together a 5 X 7 photo book of his elk hunt. I've decided that digital scrapbooks are the way to go. They work up in a flash.
I gave Logan money for Christmas and he bought a car stereo. He is also going to have one of his duck taxidermied (I wonder if that is right).
Later in the morning, we traveled to Grandma Twitchell's for lunch. Also, Lyndsay and Dusten were able to come. Landon and Lacey headed for Cedar City because Lacey needed to work on Friday. We were worried about them traveling over Bear Valley, because it was getting stormy, but they did fine. We have been so blessed, that they have been protected with all of the time they spend traveling.
Posted by Jerry Twitchell Family at 2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hard to believe Christmas has come and gone and here we are in January! Man, time flies too fast. I chuckled at your comment about Jerry's cover-alls.
Post a Comment