Our family pictures from the Christmas party. I'm not sure why this happens, but everytime I want to have good pictures, my camera has to have problems. These are the best pictures that I had. Family members, if yours turned out better than mine, e-mail to me. Thanks.
We missed you guys.
Our family Christmas party was held on December 27th, at the Central Valley Community Center. I decided to have Lacey's shower on the same day. At the beginning of the evening, everyone was given a clothespin. If you heard anyone say the word,"party" you got to take their pin. We started the evening with our meal. The food was so great. After the meal, we shared some of the families' New Year's resolutions. It was quite hilarious at times.
After the resolutions, we watched the family video. Sharon put the video together. She has become an expert in this area. Anyway, the night before the party, Sharon gets on her computer and the video has disappeared. Cedar City had a power outage, the night before and she thinks that had something to do with the disappearing act of the video. Anyway, being the wonderful sister that she is she worked all night trying to put another video together. The previous video she had spent over a month on trying to make perfect. The video that she shared with us was truly amazing. She just happened to have snapshots when many of us were at our best. You know what I mean. She added captions that made it even funnier. We all had a great laugh and decided that we were just as dysfuntional as other families.
The highlight of the evening came when we gave my brother, Wayde, a Happy 50th Honor. We gave him some great gag gifts. The last gift was a a pair of boxer shorts saying, "King of the Hills, Get er' done." I think he handled it very well. If I get any pictures, I will add them for the family that wasn't able to attend. Our family had such a great time. I'm so grateful for all of them. I love the saying, "Like branches on a tree, we may grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one." However, I also love the saying, "Shake your family tree and watch the nuts fall." Family members, Thanks for making our Christmas party one of my highlights for 2008.
2 comments:
That looks like a fun party! The baby shower was so much fun. You are a good hostess. Also, how are you doing your digital scrapbooking? Are you doing it with Photoshop? I want to start doing it, but don't quite know where to start. Any advice would be great!
I'm glad you had such a fun party. Those are the things that everyone remembers.
Post a Comment