Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Vacation

I was so looking forward to my summer vacation, unfortunately, my plans have changed. On June 9, 2008, I started my spinal decompression therapy in American Fork. I'm living with my sister, Tanya, in Spanish Fork. I leave Monday morning and return Thursday afternoon. I will be traveling to American Fork for 6-8 weeks. I'm praying that these treatments will work because I really don't want to have back surgery. After four days of treatment, I have noticed a small change. I understand that it takes 2-3 weeks for the pain relief phase to happen. After that, I have to start the inner core phase. That's when I will really get my workout. Everyone that I have talked to has loved these treatments and expressed how much it has worked for them. The doctor says I should feel better for Alaska.
While at my sister's house, I'm going to try and make a couple of rag quilts. I'd love to do some scrapbooking, but I'd have to take my whole scrapbook room. Hopefully, I can keep busy and Tanya won't get sick of me.

3 comments:

Cashelle said...

Good luck Shelly. I hope the treatments work for you! Good luck on the quilts. The girls LOVE the ones you made them. They are now their bedspreads. We'll be thinking about you!

Becky K. said...

Gee whiz, Shelly. I hope your back will be feeling a lot better when you finish. We've got to be in good shape for Alaska! (I should be talking--I need to get in shape!)

Becky K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.