Sunday, July 6, 2008

Update on my spinal decompression therapy

Well, this past month has gone by so fast. I haven't really accomplished too much. I've started a few quilts that I'm hoping to finish. Anyway, four weeks into the treatment, my ankle has very little pain. My foot is still numb, but I'm making progress. I feel really good about my progress. I have started the exercising part of my therapy. I do all kinds of exercises to strengthen my abs. The machine does the work for you. It's totally amazing. One thing that Dr. Lee stresses is that you should always contract your stomach muscles when walking, standing, lifting, etc. If you do these things it will help prevent future problems. Anyway, I'm hoping to be finished in three weeks, so I'll have time to come home and get things straighten up before heading to Alaska.

2 comments:

Cashelle said...

Good luck! I hope it continues to help you.

Becky K. said...

I'm glad to hear things are looking up. Looking forward to our trip!