Friday, January 11, 2008

Exercise, Exercise

Okay, we're into January eleven days and so far I have been able to keep to my exercise goal. My sister, Tanya, is thinking of having a stomach tuck and I decided I just needed to exercise. So I get up in the morning and get on the treadmill for 1/2 an hour. Then in the evening I have been riding my stationary bike. Talk about out of shape. By the time I finish a program I'm definitely winded. Jerry wants to ride bikes to Big Rock Candy Mountain this spring. At this stage, I don't think I could make it. Anyway, Tanya calls and informs me that she has lost three pounds since Jan. 1st. She's a mail carrier and she is working out like crazy with her son. They have a challenge going on. I'm hoping to at least be in shape for Young Womens girls camp in July. It would be nice if I could complete a hike without huffing and puffing. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

That's awesome! What a great goal. I plan on trying to lose a few pounds, too. Exercise is my problem. I don't have a treadmill or anything so I have to be creative. Does shoveling snow count? Good luck on your exercise plan. Biking to Big Rock Candy Mountain sounds like a blast!

Cashelle said...

It's hard isn't it? I always have such great ambitions. . .