Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Brand New Year

Tonight, I had the opportunity to attend a tri-stake fireside with our youth. It was truly amazing. The church put together a program called A Brand New Year Celebration for Youth. They have a new website for our youth, www.abrandnewyear.lds.org . President Monson and the YW/ YM presidency are very concerned about our youth, so they are establishing the theme of Living the Standards in the Strength of Youth pamphlet. The theme this year is "Be Thou an Example." The youth are so valiant these days, the temptations are everywhere. I truly believe that the prophet is very much aware of our youth and their needs. Anyway, they have asked the youth to do three things this year, everyday.
1.) Pray morning and night
2.) Read your scriptures at least five minutes a day
3. )Smile
I never make new year resolutions, because I fail, but I thought I can at least do these three things. It seems easy enough. I'm sure that it will make a difference in my life. None of us knows what 2009 will bring, but living by the words of the prophet will definitely make life better through our trials.

1 comments:

Becky K. said...

Great advice, Shelly.